Many people believe in life after death and that the soul lives on. What most people may not realise is the degree to which our lives can be affected by spiritual interference.
When we die, we separate from the physical body and enter a transition into the spirit world. However sometimes for many reasons the spirit does not make this transition.
Have you ever had an uneasy feeling within a room, as though some unseen force was there? Have you ever sensed the presence of spirits or ghosts or felt you were not alone? Most of us have had these experiences at some stage in our lives and when this occurs within our homes we can often feel very troubled, even frightened. These events are not uncommon.
Cleansing your home and removing the non beneficial energies can help you in many ways move towards creating a more positive atmosphere. However, this very aspect of cleansing is all too often overlooked.
In recent years Feng Shui consultants have started to address the problem. We need to learn to tidy up both what we have created ourselves, what has been left behind by others and in some cases deal with spirit activity.
Spirit release is literally the separation of your energies or the buildings energies from the entity (spirit or negative energy) that has attached itself to them. Where possible the spirit can then be helped to move on to the light where they can receive help.
Freeing an earthbound spirit takes compassion and a calm nature. Spirits were living people at one time and they may be lonely or frightened by their experience. It is a real honour to do this work and the sense of relief you feel inside when they finally cross over cannot be put into words.
Science has not yet proved the presence of spirit attachment. There is much evidence to suggest that these can and do exist and can have a strong influence on our lives.
Spirits may attach themselves to a building, the aura of a person or they may become internalised by taking up residence within an individual.
Sometimes a loved one will try and stay around to be with their family members and create a strong influence on the people this spirit once lived with.
Losing or aborting a baby during pregnancy may also produce a foetal attachment, which can in turn affect the emotional, spiritual and physical wellbeing of a person.
Signs and Symptoms of Attachment
- Feeling tired and depleted of energy
- Suffering mood swings and/or impulsive behaviour
- Unexplained bursts of anger, sadness or emotion
- Hearing inner voices
- A feeling of ‘this isn’t me’
- Problems with addictions
- Poor memory, concentration or confusion
- Sudden anxiety or depression
- Sudden onset of physical problems or pain with no obvious cause
- Unexplained fears, phobias or panic attacks
- Worrying or disturbing nightmares
- Feelings of being watched, unexplained sensations or smells
- Cold areas in your home, a sense of someone else in the room
- A person who has not been the same since an accident, since losing a loved one, or since moving house
Types of Attachment
- Earth bound spirits, ghosts and lost souls
- Thought forms
- Negative energy and psychic attack
- Curses, cords and contracts
- Past life attachments and ancestral patterns
- Inner child fragment and soul retrieval
- Earth energies
Daily Energy Contamination
If you have inherited items or been given second hand furniture along with antiques and many other forms of memorabilia, the act of cleansing is very important. Such items can absorb the energies of their previous homes and its owners and subsequently this can be released into its new environment. Therefore, to prevent any cross contamination, the cleansing ritual of furniture and other such items, is just as important as the cleansing of its surroundings.
In addition to this, as we go about our daily routines we can become contaminated by negative energies. Often there is no escaping from this, although techniques do exist which can provide protection. We pass people on the street, work in offices, attend social gatherings and of course invite people into our homes. Through these acts, such negative energies can be transported, before finally arriving and being released into your own home. Therefore individual cleansing is also just as important as cleansing your home. The above can be likened to persons entering your home and not removing their shoes. The consequence of this of course is that the dirt from the outside enters into your domain.
In order for the cleansing to be effective its often necessary to cleanse the whole home to enhance the flow of positive Chi energy. Therefore, general cleaning will often need to take place with cupboards being emptied of any unwanted items and out of date stock. Any junk, general rubbish, over filled cupboards merely add to the stagnation of a house and must be put in order before the cleansing process can take place.
Furniture placement can also hinder the flow of positive energy. Sometimes it may be necessary to rearrange rooms to maximise their potential towards providing and maintaining a positive flow of energy and subsequently eliminating any stagnating and negative ‘chi’.
Personal Energy Protection
How do you know if your energy is protected or not? Being unprotected normally manifests itself within the emotional and spiritual bodies. Below is a list of some symptoms you may feel if you energy field is unprotected.
- Irritable/losing your temper
- Feeling drained
- Having nightmares
- Being too easily influenced by others
- Feeling threatened / defensive
- Fanatical about someone
- Feeling other people’s emotions / pain
- Bumping into people
- Copying or living your life through others
- On a physical level you can feel pain in the back of your neck or solar plexus (pit of your stomach)
It is important to build up and protect your own energy fields. This can be done on a daily basis and in a number of ways:
- Keep fit and well
- Wear protective colours – for example gold, silver, violet or blue
- Wear or carry crystals with a protective quality – for example amethyst, lapis lazuili, tigers eye for psychic protection
- Wear or use protective symbols
- Visualisation – for example a good exercise is to imagine you are sitting in an egg of light. The base of the egg is sitting just below the floor (so you are grounded) and you are surrounded in your egg by a lovely protective colour (gold, silver, violet or blue). You make sure that your eggshell is solid so that no negative energy can penetrate it. All negative energy relating to any spirit activity, any negative thoughts / emotions from other people will not be allowed in.